Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Can you really enjoy a Bake Sale?


I sometimes struggle to enjoy "special" occasions because there's so much pressure for them to be "special". I find myself asking throughout the day, "Am I enjoying myself? Am I enjoying myself enough? After all, this is a 'special day' and so I should be enjoying myself significantly more than I do on other days."

It was my birthday this week, and I don't think I asked any of those questions at all.

You see, even on my birthday, the kids need packed lunches. The dog needs walked. Turned out I had a client in the morning. It was full on busy till around noon, so my birthday lunch was leftovers from the night before. 
And then it was all about cake.

This year there was a lot of cake. But not for me. ...read more

No comments:

Post a Comment